Wednesday, December 9, 2009

ZIMMERMAN POWDERS NO MORE!!!!!

Here is a statement issued by Zimmerman Glass:

As many of you are already aware, due to the passing of Peter Zimmermann in December 2008, Zimmermann Color Glass will cease production in September of this year after almost 150 years. The Zimmermann family has elected not to sell it's formulas for it's color line to any other glass color producer. We are saddened by the loss of Peter Zimmermann and also the loss of our excellent relationship with everyone at the Zimmermann factory.

This and a few other Zimmerman colors are colors that I have used for years... especially in my off mandrel hearts and stargazer beads. This color, purple rose special, has been one of my favorite powders .... it changes to so many different colors..... starting with yellow and going all the way to purple through the rainbow.

I have a bit of this stashed away and have some available for sale in MY ETSY SHOP. I feel bad that I had been teaching using this color and now it is no longer available. So for those students and those of you that would like to play with some... you may want to get some while there is still some left.....

I also have some Blue Mountain, another of my all time favorites.... I will soon be adding some clay grey as well...

Enjoy it while it lasts!

No comments: