Sunday, July 11, 2010

Enjoying Life.

I have really been relaxing and enjoying life this last month. This year so far has been crazy busy for me. I have already been to Turkey, Israel, England, Switzerland, Austria and Germany, as well as teaching in St. Louis and doing 2 big bead shows (Tucson and Bead and Button in Milwaukee) all in 6 months!

After teaching and showing at the Bead and Button show I came home totally exhausted and was so happy knowing that I could take a months vacation and just enjoy life. I feel like I have truly deserved this time off.... I have worked very hard up to this point! I have had no desire to travel during this month. It has been nice to just go in the studio and experiment with some new ideas with no deadlines in sight. I am really looking forward to taking a silversmithing class later this month and learning some new techniques. I am also thinking of taking a lost wax casting class as well......

I know that some of you are probably hoping for photos of beads or my silver work but really I am just enjoying life and not getting too involved with work. There will be plenty of time for my bead and silver posts in the upcoming future.....

It is truly paradise right here where I live. Everyday brings something new and wonderful. The raccoons have been bringing their babies up close to meet us. There are lots of deer passing by that we hadn't noticed before. (we remodeled part of the house and put in a 10' sliding door and it has really opened up our view). Otters stopping by for some fresh water in the pond..... Eagles soaring by and resting in the trees... no reason to go anywhere!

Today I went horse back riding on the beach with some family and friends. It was the lowest tide of the year. Here are a few photos of our day....

There was a great fog hanging over us as we started our ride... very mystical... We counted about 7 bald eagles on the beach....

This is my beautiful niece Carly from Texas...

and her boyfriend Matt... who we all just adore!

The tide was so low today that crab post were exposed all over the beach full of dungeness crabs! We were very tempted to take a few home with us! Actually some friends who have been going crabbing regularly have been bringing us some! They are so yummy!!!

Well that's it for this weekend..... I am looking forward to about another 10 days off then back to work for the rest of the year..
I hope you enjoy my vacation as much as I do!



2 comments:

N Valentine Studio said...

You've so deserved the time off!! The ride looks heavenly, the crabs look soooo tempting!

Marlene said...

Wow Andrea, you have already done a years work, no wonder you need a month to recover. You live in a beautiful part of the world, and that must help to recharge your batteries.