Thursday, June 16, 2011

Robyn Cornelius!

Robyn Cornelius totally rocks!
I know I have talked about her before but really she is awesome! We got to hang out at The Bead and Button Show and she loved the new direction I am going in from the techniques she had taught me this summer. We both agreed that it is so nice to have students that don't just make what you teach them but take the techniques and make them your own. It was also so great of her to send her students and customers to my booth to check out my work as well. I also sent my friends and customers her way.... isn't this the way it should be? So sad that some people don't see things this way......


These are the bracelets that Robyn taught us in class..... these were made by Nicole, Marion and myself.

This is the direction which I took them.....

and some more that I did with 24 karat gold plating.....


Robyn has an excellent tutorial out on creating wonderful colors out of your patina. She shares many interesting techniques! It is here in her Etsy.

Also check out her piercings..... she taught this technique to a few of us this summer...... she is definitely the queen of the jeweler's saw! Robyn will be teaching lots of great classes next year again at The Bead and Button Show and regularly teaches in Edmonton, Canada. If you ever get the chance to take a class with her don't pass it up.

Robyn I can't wait till later this summer to learn and play some more!

5 comments:

Nicole Valentine-Rimmer said...

If people don't see it that way I say "they are BLIND or bitter or tasteless" or all of the above. You're both talented artists. It was a fantastic class that pushed us all in different directions. Can't wait to see what surprises you both have in store for us at bead and button next year!

kathyd said...

i love your progress . thanks for showing what you learned and how you made them your own.

Andrea Guarino-Slemmons said...

Thanks Nicole and Kathy! Really a "true artist" doesn't want to make the same thing that you are taught...... they want to make it their own and move on..... really sad that many people don't......

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

This bracelets are really unique! Theb blue ones are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

. . . whooooohhhooooo . . .awesome !!!!
big hug
guido