Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Glass Furnace - Turkey

I thought I would share with you a little about where I am. This is the back entrance to The Glass Furnace.... The school is very very similar to Pilchuck. There are rooms for lampworking, coldworking, fusing, casting, silversmithing, and more that I am not thinking about at the moment. There are 3 furnaces here and 4 glory holes.. There is a very nice gallery here as well. Also there is a cafeteria ..... so if you are staying you have 3 meals a day...

This is just as you walk in the back entrance... looking to the left..

and looking to the right... and around this corner are the furnaces... I will try and take some photos tomorrow of this area..

This is the student living area...

the inside of my room...

There is artwork everywhere!!!!!


This is the Riva river..... it will take you to the Black Sea which is just about 2 miles away..... I will try and go there on Saturday to at least put my foot in the water!

Have a great day everyone! Sweetie I miss you so much.......

3 comments:

kathyd said...

I miss you too !

Andrea Guarino-Slemmons said...

Kathy you are the best!!!!
xxxooo

Unknown said...

love it!!!
+++++++++